Commercial roof cleaning is crucial to your business. It’s one of the first lines of defense of your business, keeping your employees, machinery/equipment, and valuable data protected from the elements. That’s why it’s so important to use professional services to clean your company’s roof. Your whole roof looks clean, and your business has a trustworthy appearance.
Types of Commercial Roofs and Maintenance
Metal roofing has been around for decades, and rightly so. This energy-proficient material can withstand strong winds and are less prone to fire damage. A lightweight material, metal roofing can be installed on top of an existing roof, and extra coating can be added to protect it from UV rays and rust.
With metal roofs requiring low maintenance, it would be easy to not pay much attention to them. However, you do need to keep an eye out for dirt, stains, loose chips or shavings, and other debris. If there are trees near your business, let a professional service perform cleaning twice a year. Usually, low pressure spraying with gentle cleaners are enough to do the job.
Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing
Often used for commercial, industrial, and manufacturing facilities, this eco-friendly option is sprayed as a liquid and expands into foam, which creates a solid layer over an existing roof.
Constant cleaning and maintenance are not necessary; however, an annual inspection is needed, especially after natural disasters such as tropical storms or hurricanes. Cleaning and re-coating every 10 to 15 years should be standard, and in the case of small damage (punctures, dents, cracks) less than three inches in diameter, you can repair them by hand with a sealant. Reapply SPF and coatings for significant damage.
When thinking of shingle roofing, homes usually come to mind, but shingles are also used for steep slope commercial roofing. Shingles can be made up of wood, slate, metal, plastic, ceramic, and composite materials, with asphalt and architectural shingles being the two main types of shingles.
Cleaning asphalt roofing calls for chemicals, especially when getting rid of algae stains and tough dirt. Harsh chemicals should not be used. Using those harsh chemicals could damage the integrity of the tiles, shortening their life span.
Commonly known as “tar and gravel” roofs, built-up roofing has been a staple for centuries. This type of roofing consists of alternating layers of tar and other supporting materials, with the final layer being stome or gravel.
One of the biggest advantages of having built up roofing is its low maintenance – minimal upkeep is needed. It is seamless and waterproof due to not having joints or seams which eliminates most vulnerabilities. With proper installation, a built-up roof can last for up to 40 years.
Cleaning Your Roof Benefits Your Business
Keeping your business financially stable is important, but it’s structural integrity is important as well. There is no suprise that cleaning your business’ roofing system will benefit your building’s overall structure, but how exactly?
- Maximizes Performance – Cleaning your commercial roof will make it more energy efficient, sustaining lower surface temperatures, and reducing energy consumption.
- Reduces fire hazards – There may be combustible materials used on the roof. Cleaning your foof can help remove possible fuel sources.
- Keeps It Up to Code – In particular industries (such as food-related industries), there may be a requirement to keep certain standards. Keeping your roof clean will keep you in accordance with those standards.
- Gets Rid of Moisture – Having a clean and debris-free roof will prevent it from experiencing splitting, blistering or ponding, which in turn prevents rusting.
- Protects the Heath of your Employees – Mold and algae can create significant havoc on your employees’ health. HVAC systems can be a great pathway for mold and algae to make way into the building’s ventilation system, affecting the internal quality of the air. Mold can spread and cause multiple conditions and illnesses in your employees. A clean roof will not only remove the mold and algae, but prevent future growth.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Simply put, your roof – and your business – will look great
Get Real, Professional Commercial Roof Cleaning
Cleaning your commercial roofing should be left to professionals. That’s where Apple Roof Cleaning comes in. Serving businesses in the Clearwater area, we take pride in being superior in various roofing services.
We utilize specialized non-pressure chemical roof cleaning methods with soft wash cleaning chemicals for the best results. Contact us today at 727-277-2525 and get a free roof cleaning quote to get you on your way to protecting your business and your valued employees.